I invite you to apply for funding for community-based projects that empower seniors to initiate and participate in activities that benefit Coquitlam-Port Coquitlam.
The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) is launching a new pan-Canadian Call for Concepts. Funding will support projects that help increase social inclusion among seniors through collaborative and innovative approaches. Eligible organizations can receive up to $5 million over five years.
The NHSP fosters social inclusion and the engagement of seniors by encouraging them to share their knowledge, skills and experience through projects that make a difference in the lives of seniors their communities.
More specifically, this process seeks to:
- Build the collective capacity of organizations to recognize and address barriers to social inclusion faced by seniors.
- Promote improved access to information, programs and services for seniors to enhance their social inclusion within their communities.
- Support action research to better understand effective approaches for increasing the level of social inclusion of seniors in their communities.
- Develop innovative approaches to engage and retain senior volunteers to improve their social inclusion in their communities.
- Address systemic barriers that contribute to the social exclusion of seniors.
Following a review of concepts, those selected organizations will be invited to submit a full proposal.
For more information about applying for the NHSP, please click on: visit
December 6, 2018 to January 21, 2019: Call for concepts
Spring 2019: Notification of decision on concepts
Spring 2019: Full project proposal
Summer 2019: Anticipated project start date
If you have questions about this process, send an email to
Information sessions to complement these instructions will be offered on December 18, 2018 and January 10, 2019. If you are interested, please send contact the email above, and details will be sent to you.
If you have any questions about applying for the NHSP, programming and benefits for seniors, or any other concerns, I encourage you to contact me at my constituency office at email@example.com or (604)-927-1080. I look forward to hearing all about your accomplishments, contributions, and goals!
Please let me know if you submit an application.
Ron McKinnon, MP